I peeked at the COVID-19 map to see how many new cases Chester City picked up over the weekend (29) to find that Chester also picked up some new people.
The map used to say we had 33,909 people, but we picked up 91 people over the weekend and are now at 34,000.
I don’t know who keeps count but the Census site lists some confusing population data:
- 34,000 population estimate July 1, 2019
- 33,901 population estimate base April 1, 2010
- 33,972 Census April 1, 2010
Since I’m here, I’ll share some of the other 2010 Census data:
- 68.9% Black
- 20.6% White
- 11.6% Hispanic or Latino
- 12.3% Bachelor’s degree or higher
- $32,403 Median household income
- $17,581 Per capita income
- 31.4% Persons in poverty
- 73.2% Households with a broadband internet subscription