(CHESTER, PA, November 10, 2020) – The Chester Housing Authority (CHA) and Everest Urgent Care are providing Covid-19 testing sites for city residents throughout the month of November. Beginning November 12th at CHA’s Chatham Estates Senior Center, residents will be able to take rapid results tests, which will deliver results as early as one day following the testing date.
“Part of our mission at the Chester Housing Authority is to create healthy communities,” said Chester Housing Authority Executive Director Steven Fischer. “As we head into the holiday season and colder months, we’re seeing Covid-19 cases unfortunately on the rise. We wanted to help make testing as accessible as possible, especially to our older, more vulnerable residents.”
The tests, which will be administered by Everest Urgent Care healthcare professionals, are being prioritized for seniors first, as older individuals have been particularly vulnerable to the novel coronavirus.
“Our goal is to work with community partners like the Chester Housing Authority to help keep our local residents well by preventing the spread of the virus through efficient, effective and compassionate medical care,” Dr. Xiaobin Li, President, Everest Medical Group.
These combined testing efforts are another example of CHA and Everest Urgent Care partnering to improve the health and wellbeing of local residents. In September, they announced the development of affordable housing units in Everest’s Silvercare Nursing and Rehabilitation Campus on West Ninth Street.
Testing sites and times are listed below:
- Site 1:
- Location: Chatham Estates Senior Center, 600 Edwards Street, Chester, Pa. 19103
- Date/Time: November 12th, 10:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Site 2:
- Location: Ruth L. Bennett Community Center, 1350 W. 9th St., Chester, Pa, 19103
- Date/Time: November 18th, 10:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Site 3:
- Location: Booker T. Washington Community Center, 611 Central Ave., Chester, Pa., 19103
- Date/Time: November 19th, 10:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.