Want to show off your BEST DFC poster or slogan?
The Boys and Girls Club of Chester ‘Drug Free Communities’ organization is giving out 4 first place and 4 second place prizes for the best Drug & Alcohol prevention Poster & Slogan. Age groups – 6-8 yrs. old; 9-12 yrs. old; 13-15 yrs. old; and 16-18 yrs. old
- Create an original Drug & Alcohol Free Poster and Slogan.
- Write your name and age on your poster with the Slogan.
- You must take a picture of yourself holding your poster with the Slogan on it.
Mail your slogan and poster to the Boys & Girls Club of Chester 201 E. 7th Street, Chester, PA 19013 or email email@example.com
All Posters with Slogans must be submitted by June 12, 2020 by 11:59pm.
Winners will be announced Friday, June 26, 2020.
(Because I am so late posting this, if you are submitting a poster from reading this post, you get a 1-week extension to June 19. Include with your submission CHESTER MATTERS BLOG).
What’s Going On
- PAYS Report – The results are in! Last year our Coalition administered the PA Youth Survey for the Chester-Upland School District (CUSD) students in 6th, 8th, 10th & 12th grades. The PAYS is used to obtain data on learned behavior, attitudes and knowledge concerning alcohol, tobacco, other drugs and violence. A total of five schools participated, with a total of 419 students surveyed. We have the report outlining the results.
- Family Engagement– Over the last 6 weeks BGCC provided prepared dinners, fresh produce, toiletries, and gift certificates to BGCC families and the community. Thanks to Flagship Credit Acceptance, Foundation for Delaware County, Exelon Generation, Deer Brook Foundation, Cheryl’s Southern Style Catering.
- Care Givers Packet – The Coalition is distributing Care Giver Packets to parents, guardians, and the community. These packets provide valuable information on Drug & Alcohol prevention. To date, 30 packets were distributed 50 more will be distributed next week.
- Supporting our Teens – For an hour on Monday afternoons, teens can join on a conference call to have a safe space to process some of their recent experiences with violence and traumatic loss. This weekly call is available through a partnership with the Chester Community Coalition who facilitates the sessions.
- Positive Action Social & Emotional Development – BGCC sent over 100 Positive Action activity sheets to our members. The children can do fun exercises that focus on life skills, and peer and social protective factors that will support their social and emotional feeling during the COVID-19.
CADCA Alert– CADCA has launched a campaign protesting a Saturday Night Live skit that portraits children drinking alcohol. To join this initiative and for more information visit the website at www.CADCA.org
We Want Your Ideas, Your Input
Do you have any ideas for DFC project, things that matter to you as a Coalition members? We will be having a Coalition meeting in June and we want to hear from you. Next week I will be sending out some of the results from the PAYS. Please review to see what our Coalition should focus on so that we can meet the needs of our youth and community.