Jeopardy host Alex Trebeck is now hosting Beat the Clock as he attempts to hang in there for 2 more years until his 80th birthday before retiring from the popular TV game show.
In a surprise move, when asked who he’d like to replace him, he mentioned a black lady.
Black men are killing the game show circuit, but black women are stuck with talk shows, fashion shows, and cooking shows.
I don’t watch much TV, but I can’t help but to notice some of the old school TV game shows are hosted by black men like:
- Steve Harvey – Family Feud
- Wayne Brady – Price is Right
- Cedrick the Entertainer – Who Wants to Be a Millionaire
- Michael Strahan – 100,000 Pyramid
- Anthony Anderson – To Tell the Truth
- Terry Crews – Who Wants to be a Millionaire
- and Jamie Foxx landing the new game show – Beat Shazam.
By dropping Laura Coates’ name, Trebeck suggests he wants to do for Jeopardy what Comedy Central’s Daily Show host John Stewart did when he named Trevor Noah as his replacement.
To put it in the form of a question – “Who is Laura Coates?” would be the correct answer if you ask me.