Here’s how I understand the proposal sent to the judge from the governor to settle the funding issue in Chester schools…
- the charter schools will forgive debt owed to the district
- the big 3 charter schools agreed to a reduction in special education reimbursements
- hopefully the smaller charter schools will agree, too
- hopefully the Kirkland Bill will be approved releasing funds from the state
- if not, the governor has some rich friends who may contribute private funds
Not mentioned is whether or not teachers will be paid on Wednesday.
Read the rest of the funding news filler in the Delcotimes